Monday, September 27, 2010

She who hesitates...

I've been meaning to walk around the backyard taking pictures again. Two of the three beds in the previous post are from the front yard and I've been doing a ton of work in the back lately. I took pictures about a year ago, after first starting the makeover and it looks so much better now, so I could do one of those pretty before/after views. In particular, there are these amazing mexican sunflowers that attract butterflies, are well over 6 ft. tall, and have fostered some pretty amazing pictures for Josh. But... I might have waited too long. Those sunflowers aren't looking so hot after a crazy storm last night.



















The rain was even enough to take out the poor protective gargoyle....and to spread my new bed with lettuce and spinach seeds over into another bed. That might actually work out well for me. I was feeling lazy and just dumped a ton of seeds in one small area. Spread out, we might be having salads aplenty in 30-45 days.

I think we actually got pretty lucky. The rain will make most of the plants all happy and, hopefully, photogenic in a few days so that I can take that next round of pictures.

No comments: