Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Last Dance/First Wedding Present




Yay for presents. My best friend from college sent us this lovely print (which looks even more lovely against the red of our office wall) and which also qualifies as our first official wedding gift (assuming that bridal shower gifts count separately).


The wedding has been very much on my mind of late. We're getting married on June 14th.. a date that was far off in the future when we set it over a year ago but seems to be coming up quickly. Thankfully, almost everything is planned. Now I'm just trying to take care of small details like how exactly one applies makeup when trying to look more pretty bride than clumsy clown. I've made it 33 years without mastering this art but the frugal side of me decided I'd rather figure it out now than spend money for someone else to do it come wedding day. In pursuing this goal, I think I've spent more money on hair and make up related items in the last month than in the last 10 years. Mr. Toybox has been highly questioning the frugality of this plan but he also always got his hair cut at super cuts for many years so we clearly have slightly different philosophies on how much should be spent on appearance.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was great to catch up with you. I didn't realize you were getting married so soon- aiee! So exciting! What's your new job?